Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Combining Sentences

Sentence Kernel
The simple sentence- subject, verb, direct object.

“Nuts!”

Exercise #1

Kernel: My shoes are Nikes.

Sentence to combine: My shoes are designed to play tennis. My Nikes have Soles. I like their weight. 

Designed to play tennis, my Nikes have air soles, and I like their weight.

Kernal: Breakfast is my favorite meal.

Breakfast, my favorite meal, always starts my day off right when I eat a hot breakfast like bacon and eggs, unlike when I eat oatmeal.

Kernal: John owns a hat

Because John's girlfriend likes to see John in hats, he loves to wear cowboy hats like his hero John Wayne.

Espinoage, the secret collection of intelligent information, was started in China over 2000 years ago by Sun Tzu.

When Dan's father shot the big bear, which got into the garbage, and ate the left over pizza, Dan cried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment